Enhances self-awareness, communication skills, and daily functioning to promote independence and improved quality of life.
Year-round coaching to develop and enhance life skills, academic and work skills, and relationship skills
$3,540 per year /$295 per month
Are you a parent seeking support for your autistic child or an adult looking to harness your unique strengths but aren’t necessarily interested in counseling or therapy?
If you are looking for skills-focused and tailored strategies to help improve communication, daily functioning, and overall life skills, then autism coaching may be a good fit for you.
What is Autism Coaching?
Autism coaching is a specialized form of support aimed at assisting individuals on the autism spectrum in developing skills, strategies, and coping tools to navigate the challenges they may encounter in various aspects of their lives. Some areas of focus include social skills and communication, executive functioning, transition support, daily living skills, and family support.
Coaching involves working closely with a trained professional, often a psychologist, a mental health clinician, or a specialized coach, who collaborates with the parent and autistic child or adult to identify strengths, address challenges, and develop practical skills. It is a supportive partnership that empowers individuals to navigate life's challenges with confidence and efficiency.
Who is Autism Coaching For?
Coaching is a good fit for children, teenagers, and adults. Particularly,
- Parents seeking guidance for their child's development
- Children needing an affirming space to learn and practice social skills and communication
- Adults aiming to excel in the academic or workplace environments
- Individuals looking for skills to manage their unique autistic characteristics and challenges
What Are the Benefits of Autism Coaching?
There are several benefits that extend beyond the uniqueness common to autistic individuals.
- Personalized strategies that fit individual strengths and challenges
- Developing practical skills that are essential for daily life like communication skills, emotion regulation, and time management
- Embracing unique strengths and fostering self-confidence and empowerment
- Addressing social and communication skills to improve connections
- Increased coping strategies for managing stress, anxiety, and sensory challenges
- Helping with goal setting and attainment
What’s Included in Autism Coaching at Magnolia Wellness?
Magnolia Wellness & Psychology’s autism coaching package includes year-round coaching to provide education and skills-building across 3 tiers:
- Life Skills
- Home | School | Work Skills
- Relationships & Communication
We focus on skills assessment the first two weeks before rotating through three 12-week course cycles. We spend the final two weeks of the year evaluating and reviewing your progress to determine additional needs and offer recommendations for maintenance coaching or community referrals.
How Much Does it Cost?
Our coaching package is $3,540 per year. This includes 4 individual coaching sessions per month, workbooks and journals for each course cycle, and one-on-one support throughout the year. Potential clients invest $295 per month until the program is completed.
We accept all major credit/debit cards, HSA cards, and personal checks as payment. We are not in network with any insurance companies or paneled with Medicaid, Medicare, or Medicaid Managed Care companies (i.e., Caresource, Amerigroup, Peachstate, etc).